Saturday 26 September 2009

SIFEST Savignano, Italy



I recently received an email from Massimo Sordi who curated a show of emerging photographers, called Global Photography at the Italian Photo Festival/SIFEST, in Savignano, www.sifest.eu.
Here are a couple of images from Massimo's own work from his pinhole series. These particular images are from the Bergman set.( copyrighted to the artist)
Photographers featured in the Global Photography show include:
evan baden (USA)/catherine balet (F)/mathieu bernard-reymond (CH)/michele cera (I)/samantha cohn (USA)/jen davis (USA)/wolfram hahn (D)/alessandro imbriaco/francesco millefiori (I)/seba kurtis (ARG)/molly landreth (USA)/kalpesh lathigra (UK)/maria leutner (D)/andrés marroquín winkelmann (PERU)/colin pantall (UK)/andrew phelps (A)/martine poussier (F)/blerim racaj (UK)/richard renaldi (USA)/frank rothe (D)/carla van de puttelaar (NL)/shen wei (CINA).
Fabio Severo of www.hippolytebayard.com. was one of this years reviewers take a look at his posts about the festival.

4 comments:

ashley moe said...

Hello Vanessa!
I love your photographs so much, and was wondering if I could send you a little mini interview? I'm a photography student at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design in the US and have to interview an artist we enjoy to complete a course. If you have time, I'd love to ask you some questions about your work.

I adore your blog!

Unknown said...

Vanessa, do you know where can we find any information (in English prepefably) about this photo-festival ? the dates, at least? )) couldnt figure out from their web-site ;)

Vanessa Winship & George Georgiou said...

hello Ashley thanks for your comments.
If you can send me an email.
I am happy to answer questions, but an traveling at the moment so don''t have very much free time.
If you can wait until the end of October when I return home I would appreciate it.
Just one thought, before you ask your questions please make sure you've read the interviews I've already done so I don't have to repeat myself!
thank you Vanessa

Vanessa Winship & George Georgiou said...

hello Julija,
I'm afraid not!
I will contact Massimo to ask him if he can post some information somewhere...yes, it's a pity not to be able to navigate the site without English.
Vanessa